Around the world


Welcome to this blog!

Please select an article in the bellow map!
Blue points are for visited places and orange ones are for articles.



image jpg 2333-24

Sunday 10 March 2013

Korea: Deoksugung palace by night



Yesterday, I was on the road to Seoul in order to join a foreigners/koreans meeting (by the way, if you are interested, here is the link :)), when I decided to have a walk somewhere to enjoy the warm weather of the evening. I checked on internet and I was very surprised to see that Deoksugung palace was opened until 9pm (every day, expect Mondays, and last admission at 8pm). I immidialty went to the City Hall station, where you easly reached the main door of the palace (exit 2). Prices are the same at night and cheap (1,000 won).



 Actually, it won't be the best way to discovering the palace as you will access to only the gardens and all buildings will be closed. However, lights will illuminate every part of the palace, and there will be only a very few number of tourists. The feeling to (re)discover the place by night is very special and I personnaly really liked it! The visit can  be done in 30 minutes as everything is closed (or almost) but you probably wont regret it, and can be good experience before/after a dinner.







1 comment:

  1. I hope that I can take such good photos as you do!

    ReplyDelete