Around the world


Welcome to this blog!

Please select an article in the bellow map!
Blue points are for visited places and orange ones are for articles.



image jpg 2333-24

Sunday 13 January 2013

My Goshiwon

Since november, I was living in a flat in Suwon. However, I was using subway and bus everyday to go to my work, and it was not that convenient. So I decided to look for a closer and better place in Osan !
But it's not very convenient to look for a new place to stay in Korea when you don't speak or read korean. Hopefully, I found a very interesting blog which describe how to find a goshiwon on korean websites! I have to thank the author for this :) (and thanks also to my korean friend and girlfriend who helped me to move there!). 

At the beginning, I was quite suspicious, as a basic goshiwon is not very comfortable (small room, shared shower and toilets, often old buildings,...) but I have to say that I was very lucky to find exactly what I needed, and the goshiwon where I'm living must be a 5 stars one :) Let me show you:


The entrance: 
The goshiwon is at the 9th floor, in building located next to Osan city hall, 30 minutes from my work, and next to large store and everything I need! No key to open the door, you have to use a code.
The corridor:
I have to say that I felt like in space battleship when I discovered this place! (maybe Darth Vador is in room 906, not sure) You have to take off your shoes at the entrance. There is also free computers with internet and a place to dry your clothes. Every room is using code protection (no key)!





Welcome in my room:
As you can see, I have one window (and a small door to go on a small balcony!), private toilets, shower and even a fredge !
The whole room is heated from the floor (like almost everywhere in korea!). There is also froo internet (of course!).





The bed:
The room is well furnished: a comfortable chair, a large bed, air-conditioner and even a nice TV! (As I don't understand korean and as local TV shows seem very strange to me, I use it as second computer screen or for watching movie from my bed -oh yeah-).





Toilets:
I even have japanese style toilets! You can choose warm or cold water to wash your... you know what I mean. There is also plastic shoes for the bathroom, but they are too small for me!






The shared kitchen:
Quite convenient, you can find there almost everything you need, ....except corkscrew !!!! I will have to buy one.

 Free food!
The goshiwon provide also free rice, instant noodles, eggs... and kimchi !!
Very convenient to go in the kitchen and take warm rice without having to prepare anything!
The laundry: 
Two washing machines waiting for me and even an ironing board !






1 comment:

  1. Hello! I went to this goshiwon and stayed there for almost a week! While we moved in, Clement and me were quite surprised at the provided facilities which are absolutely quite well-equipped. Also, the adjacent environment is also friendly for getting access to LOTTE MALL (5 mins walk) or Metro and bus stations (for metro, 10~15 mins walk; buses quite many). We are satisfied in this choice and quite lucky to get a bigger room that Clement thought. A real recommend! (BTW, FREE KIMCHIs for all kimchi lovers like me :p) Cate.

    ReplyDelete