Around the world


Welcome to this blog!

Please select an article in the bellow map!
Blue points are for visited places and orange ones are for articles.



image jpg 2333-24

Friday 5 April 2013

Singapore: The Marina Bay






Well, you probably noticed: I usually don't like modern countries and cities, without real personality and cultural background. That's why I was not expecting that much from a buisiness trip I made in Singapore in december 2012. However, if I spent only a very short week there, I really loved the Marina Bay: quite expensive area, but this place has an interesting design and I would definitelty come back there if I have to travel to Singapore again.



The Marina Bay is encircled by hotels (the Fullerton and the worldwide famous Marina Bay Sands) and briges. The three towers hotel, the Marina Bay Sands, is one of the most expensive hotel in Singapore and has a large swimming pool on the top from where you can get an amazing view on the bay and Singapore. You don't need to be a guest to go on the top... but the swimming pool will be reserved to the hotel clients ;) You will also notive a pedestrian bridge in the south of the Bay which has a very unusual design and is awasome by night! If you have time, you should visit it, you could take very nice pictures there.


Behind the hotel, on the opposit side of the bay, you will find the "Gardens by the Bay". Going there by night will look like Alice in Wonderland. No trees... but modern towers and bridges! It doesn't take a very long time to walk around the place. This park has a also a unique design and was clearly in my to do list when I arrived in Singapore :) However, I still feel a bit confused as I still don't know what exactly these buidling were for ^^. Some of them were however used as bars and clubs.


 Following one of my coworker advice, I joined the lanterns bar, which is next to the Fullerton hotel. The very warm weather of Singapore (30° all the year), will make you feel thursty and you will surely appreciate taking a fresh Morito on this a very beautiful and comfortable place. This bar was my best memory in Singapore. How to reach the place.







No comments:

Post a Comment